Aldeia da Cuada is part of the parish of Fajã Grande. Set up in 1676, it was already inhabited in the early eighteenth century. The oldest document that was found was a parish registration of a marriage dated 8th November 1705.
The only statistic of the Cuada population dates back to the first quarter of the nineteenth century, at a time when the population of Flores was near its maximum, which it reached at the beginning of the second half of the nineteenth century. At the time Cuada had 122 inhabitants spread over 20 very modest homes. Of the 61 men who lived here at that time, not one wore shoes and only two houses had a roof covering them.
Without easy access to the sea, Cuada’s main source of livelihood for centuries was the agriculture. The other source of some income was weaving, since the place become a real hotbed of weavers, with houses that had two to three looms, sought due to all the care they put into their work.
Aldeia da Cuada was abandoned in the 60s by its inhabitants who emigrated mainly to America and has been rebuilt over time by Teotónia and Carlos Silva who have embraced this project of a lifetime and with determination established the link between the past and the present recovering stone houses maintaining the rural style while adapting them to the requirements for a dream vacation.